Winter?

Does it seem like winter to you?


Winter Tree Hello February Image

Who knows? February is often very interesting.

##################################

First off is the February calendar

Sundays in February are the 11th and 25

Mondays in February include  5, 12 and 26

Wednesdays include  7 and 28

Thursday the 22nd

Saturday the 24th

****************************

In honor of Three Pines, a village in a series of books by Louise Penny, I am offering a class to make the large size tree pictured. These trees represent Fall, Winter and Spring. Inspector Gamache is the main character and many of us have been enchanted with the Ms. Penny series. I wanted to do something to celebrate the satisfaction of reading.

On Monday March 5 from 10-4 we will cut pennies and fashion a penny pine tree.

Loren will be making our lunch and class will include the cone, enough thread to get you started, pins for pinning, tree stand and plenty of wool for cutting. $25.00. Please email or call me to reserve your place. Only 10 spots for this class so we will have plenty of space. I will keep a waiting list if needed and schedule a second class. If you aren't familiar with these books, we will be happy to share our extensive knowledge.

*******************************************

My daughter, Jennifer, who lives in The Netherlands, has an Etsy shop
https://www.etsy.com/shop/TkraftStudio?ref=profile_shopname

and a website


https://www.facebook.com/tkraftstudio/

She has some very nice notions from France and from Japan. I invite you to take a look. If you order something, mention that you know me and she will make some allowances for the shipping charges.

No automatic alt text available.

No automatic alt text available.


No automatic alt text available.

###################################
A few class pictures


Sorry about the poor quality of this picture. Completely my fault. Susan's wonderful new quilt,


Another of Susan's beautiful work.


Flowers from The Netherlands for my birthday.

*******************

A book recommendation:

Plants are Magic

http://www.rebeccadesnos.com/journal/2017/1/5/plants-are-magic-the-magazine

Her second book/ magazine is out and and they are both wonderful reading.

Here's a tiny bit of progress I've made on my hand stitched quilt these last couple of days. And I thought I'd share it alongside the cover of my natural dyeing book (available on Amazon, and as an eBook in my Etsy shop) in case you've only recently stumbled upon my page (hi! 🤗) Swipe across to the left to see a photo with just the fabric 🌿
.
All the fabric shown is plant based, pretreated in soya milk, and then dyed with plants ~ pomegranate skins, avocado stones, tea, nettles, redwood cones.
.
It's rewarding to see the slices of colour join together... and I've been enjoying my few moments of sewing each day.
.
This is going to be a very organic (slightly wonky) quilt, but I'm working with the available time I have and going with it. I'll cut up some new fabric once I've finished my first pile of pieces in my basket.
.
Making things is my favourite way to unwind my mind... and I often find it energises me. That's why I always like to have a few projects on the go, and a dye pot (or two 🙊) in the kitchen most of the time... All of these ideas and dyes bubbling away make me feel so content. Is crafting your ultimate destress tool as well?

Image of Vol 1. Plants Are Magic Magazine

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Image result for february pictures and quotes

Image result for february pictures and quotes
Image result for february pictures and quotes

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Thanks again for reading my blog. If you need me...email

thequiltingb1947@gmail.com    or cell #   503.680.7436

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My favorite time of the year!

Camping in the Rain

Coming out of hibernation