Fall things

Fall is my favorite time of the year. Gone are the hot days of summer and in comes the cool nights, the turning leaves, days of turkey and getting out those projects that were set aside for the long summer days.

Memorial

We went to the traveling memorial in early November. It was a cold and rainy day which fit the somber mood.


My husband, Loren, is a proud Marine. This tribute was for the Marines, but there was a wreath for all the branches. Beautiful even in the rain.




This museum was inside and had a lot of interesting things. Probably more so for those who have spent their time in the military and know these things personally.





Thanksgiving

Getting ready for Thanksgiving, we worked doubly hard to get the garage/studio in shape. The barn boards are going up and the ceiling is nearly finished.


All unnecessary items were removed and an extra table was added for the festivities.


Where's the turkey?!! We didn't have very many for dinner, but we had a wonderful meal and I think the desserts outnumbered the people. It was wonderful.  



As the holidays arrive so does the Thanksgiving and Christmas blend from Starbucks! Since I am a decaf drinker, we have the blue blend.



Quilting with friends


I spent some pleasant hours at Nancy Friesen's with Tracy, Susan and Beverly.

Nancy belongs to a Block of the Month   and this is one that she made.

Sorry about missing the top of your head Nancy! Pretty rude of me.   Don't you  love the variations on a Log Cabin Quilt?


Another beauty that she is working on. Nancy gets an amazing amount of sewing completed. When I grow up, I'm going to be like her!





My project for fall. Taken from the Primitive Magazine, I just had to do it. It has a background quilt and then a smaller one that fits on top. There are supposed to be others for different seasons. It was fun.


Now comes December and all the craziness. I see the Mall is open earlier and and stays open later and people are getting anxious to get everything finished on time.

I vote we relax and just enjoy the music and the cold weather. The tree is up in downtown Portland and there are so many things you can do with your family to keep up traditions or make new ones. I hope it will be a joy filled holiday.



Wisdom Words:  Wait on the Lord; Be of good courage, and He shall strengthen your heart; Wait, I say, on the Lord! Psalm 27 v14

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My favorite time of the year!

Camping in the Rain

Coming out of hibernation