Camping in the Rain

 Hello Everyone, 


We went camping at Barview Jetty a little while ago and it rained almost all the time we were there!



On the way it was necessary to stop here at our favorite fish shop! Best shrimp, sauce, and clam chowder that we have found.  Excellent. We went there on the way to camp and on the way home.


Even thought it rained so much, the clouds were spectacular.



The sand had some cool patterns



We had friends that camped next to us and we ate really well.  Some reading and stitching were also part of our days.


A couple weeks ago we went to McIver park to camp. Again it rained almost the whole time we were there. Same friends kept us entertained and we continued with our eating really well.



This is a reflection in the lake of the sun trying to come out.


Mamma ducks and babies were enjoying the break in the rain.


We have found out that our beloved Oscar has Prostate cancer and Cushings disease. It's a sad blow as we lost both our Silkies last year. We don't know how long we can keep him with us. We treasure every day.


There is a cool dam close by this area and it was full of water going over the spillways. This dock was gifted with some flowers for Mothers Day. It's right beside the boat dock and where you can launch kayaks. Very nice campground and so close to the city.


+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++


I'm always adding things to my Etsy shop and Slow Stitch kits continue to be my best sellers. I enjoy making them and finding little extras to add. I have new French Floss and more Valdani Pearl cotton coming soon.  This summer I will be adding more different kinds of thread and more sashiko items. I have been reading about Zokin which is a Japanese dusting cloth. It is a great way to use up scraps. Often, they used any clothing pieces or rags to layer and add lots of stitching to keep it all together and then they are used for dusting or cleaning. Some time ago children were required to bring several to school for cleaning up after the school day was over.


These are a couple that I made.  I'll have kits available soon. They will be in blue fabrics.



I added a taupe kit recently. Some of my fabrics in some of my most favorite colors.


I made a slow stitch needle keep. Who doesn't need another one!




Another Slow Stitch kit added recently. 



OK, one more needle case!


*****************************************


I guess that is all I can think of.  We still stay home quite a bit. I'm grateful that our granddaughter visits us often. She has great ideas for tidying up my studio and helps me so much with my Etsy shop.

Jennifer and Nora are planning on visiting us this summer. Yipeeeee!


Thanks for stopping by. I'd love to hear from you. I hope you are all well and doing things that renew your mind and spirit.


Thanks and keep on stitching, Betty

thequiltingbshop.etsy.com

thequiltingb1947@gmail.com


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My favorite time of the year!

Coming out of hibernation