Spring and a class cancellation

Another Monday has rolled around and I am just returning from the Girl Gang class. In case you don't know about this gang let me explain. A lot of years ago, Jan Patek began a group called Girl Gang. Each year she put out another quilt pattern, kind of a block of the month and we were in her "Gang". It includes a pattern for a notebook cover and you could also put that design on a denim jacket and let your colors show. At present we are working through her book called Homestead Hearth.



It is a great little quilt and you are welcome to join us each month. We meet on the 2nd Monday of each month at Pioneer Quilts 10:30-1. There is a $15.00 charge. 
She also has a blog that you might be interested in looking at


An alternate quilt that you can make is this one by Country Quilts called Springtime Sampler

Larger Image

At 60"x 68" it is a nice size. Please let me know if you have any questions. We would love to have you join us in our girl gang adventure.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

International Quilt Market
Portland 2013


logo





This week is International Quilt Market and it is being held in Portland. It is a show for Quilt Shop owners so that they can see and order the newest things in our quilting world. I am blessed to get to go and will be looking for new and wonderful things to teach. I understand that Sue Spargo will have new patterns and her Earth and Twig book will be available. I am really excited to see what I can share with you.

In that regard, there will be no Open Studio this Sunday at my home. I need the day to spend looking for fun things for us to do. I apologize for cancelling, Sometimes I don't scrutinize my calendar well enough. I promise to have new fun things to show you next time. The next Open Studio will be Saturday June 1, 10-2 at my home. I will serve you a light lunch and we can work on anything you want to. All classes are $10.00. If there is anything that you'd especially like me to look for at Market, let me know.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This coming Sat.May 18 from 10-2 at my Studio we will be working out of this magazine




 on this project



I hope you can join us. Let me know if you can come.

thequiltingb1947@gmail.com

Crock Pot Chicken Ole is on the menu for lunch!!


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Be sure to look at Pioneer Quilts website for more classes that are scheduled for May and June.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^


We have been working in our backyard getting it ready for barbeque's this summer. Jennifer is getting married in June and will have a goodbye bbq and then we always have festivities on July 4. Here are some pictures of our yard art.



My patient husband let me take his wheelbarrow!



This is actually a clothes hanger, but who needs it for that!!







There are two old bathtubs in this picture. Both with flowers. Last year we had tomatoes that never really ripened so this year...flowers. 


I love old rusty metal objects and old benches !! I love old stuff.

I hope along with all your gardening that you have a little time for stitching. It is always good to keep working a little on those special projects.

I found this blog this morning and share it with you. Lots of pretty things.




Until next time. Grace and Peace to you.

Betty

thequiltingb1947@gmail.com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My favorite time of the year!

Camping in the Rain

Coming out of hibernation