Misc. summer fun

I guess it is not a surprise that summer goes so fast. My granddaughter has been living in a travel trailer by my house all summer and having her here has been so much fun. We watch food channel shows, especially Chopped and also the show called What Not to Wear as well as some summer shows on TNT. She likes Perception.

Her 17th birthday is next week and so last week we went to a salon and had pedicures. Her first. Here we are with our new toes!

She added a French manicure


She looks great! 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

On Thursday several pin cushion enthusiasts got together and made some charming doll cushions.


We painted them with a mixture of vanilla, cinnamon and coffee and baked them in the oven. As well as their cuteness, they smell tasty. We will get together September 12th to do the next project...a large crow. If you are interested, email me and I'll get you a picture.

*************************************

Today a group of us went on an outing on Alberta Street. There is so much to do and look at on that street. We began at 10AM at Bolt.



Bolt is a very eclectic shop with all kinds of cool stuff. If you have not been there, you should plan a visit.

Because shopping makes us very hungry, we walked a couple of blocks to 




Beautiful food to choose from and oooohhhhh those pastries! Wonderful quiches, salads, sandwiches and fabulous breakfasts to choose from.

We took a few deserts home with us because on the way back up the street we just HAD to stop at


One of the new hot spots in our town is Salt and Straw. All kinds of strange and wonderful ice cream.



We have the best strange places. You really must try to believe.

####################################

After all this sugar, we had to visit



A knit shop full of soft and inviting things to knit. I couldn't resist




The sample just begged me to wrap up in it, so I'm now knitting like crazy. It was a good day.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just a reminder that we will have a Prairie Women's Sewing Circle day on Saturday August 24 from 10-11. Please bring any and all things that you'd like to share that you've been working on. I have made a few of the blocks that are in the Journey #2. It is a friendship quilt. I think you will like the blocks.

Journey Two Front Cover

Also on that Saturday, August 24 we will be gathering as Spargonians to work on our projects. I have birds to sew and Imperial Blooms. Join in the fun. 11:30-2:30. These classes are held at Pioneer Quilts....of course!!



IMPERIAL BLOOMS BOOK


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Next class at my Studio is Saturday August 31. We are doing a project out of Primitive Quilts and other Projects. You are welcome to join us. Email me for a picture of the current project.

#########################

I have been hosting a class at Quilters Corner for several years and they are closing this month. Retiring they are!! Hopefully Susie and Arlene will now get to sew more. We will miss their cheery shop. The class, known at "Betty's Bunch" will move to my Studio. You are welcome to join us on the first Friday
 of each month from 10-1 to sew on most any project you want. We have mostly been working on wool, but you are free to choose. Let me know if you'd like to come.


Email me for class information....  thequiltingb1947@gmail.com    Classes are all $10.00. I usually serve a light lunch. You can also call me at 503.680.7436


Wisdom Words.....Enjoy summer, enjoy your family, enjoy your stitching. Give thanks for all your blessings.

Thanks for taking the time to read my blog. Betty

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My favorite time of the year!

Camping in the Rain

Coming out of hibernation