Coming out of hibernation

 I decided it was time to bring my blog back to life. I thought about it for some time and decided it would be so nice to connect with friends again even if it's just with words.


I have mostly enjoyed being at home and catching up with reading and sewing. My Etsy shop is doing well and I would like to share some of the things that are currently available.



                                       I bought this tin in The Netherlands when I was recently there visiting my daughter and her family. They took me to a very cool old antique shop and they have Lots of tins.




The shop had so many things that I would have liked to take home. But Not possible.





This is another one!

It's been fun finding things to put in the sewing boxes.
They are listed in my Etsy shop
thequiltingbshop.Etsy.com

There are lots of size 12 Valdani Thread available too. A few of the ones that I just listed







I brought home some beautiful French floss that is paired up with some wool squares and some that are listed separately 





Lots of different colors and combinations


This kit has some specialty threads for embellishing or slow stitching. Comes with the zipper bag.

I have found that having the Etsy shop gives me something to think about and work on most every day. I enjoy the conversations that come about from those who buy. And I like packaging up the things they buy to be kind of like a present.


*************************************

It was so good to visit Jennifer, Hugo and Nora. Then last time they were here it was for Nora's 5th birthday. She now 7. We had a lot of fun getting to know each other again. It may be some time before we get to be together again.

**********************************************

What books have you been reading?   I'm reading a series written by 

Charles Todd about Inspector Ian Rutledge

He was in WWI and came back with a lot of war wounds...mostly of the mind kind. He works at Scotland Yard and the many books in the series tell how he solves crime as well as continuing to work through all he has been through.

I've also read the latest Louise Penny book and the one she wrote with Hilary Clinton. Good reading

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

That's probably enough for now. I hope you will send me a note to let me know how you are doing, what sewing projects you have worked on or what you are reading or where you have been.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Here is a Christmas Wish

May you never forget what is worth remembering or remember what is best forgotten.

As fits the holy Christmas birth,
Be this, good friends, our carol still-
Be peace on earth, be peace on earth,
To men of gentle will.

William Makepeace Thackeray

Isaiah 9 verses 6-7
For to us a child is born,
to us a child is given,
and the government will be on His shoulders.
And He will be called 
Wonderful Counselor,
Might God,
Everlasting Father,
Prince of Peace.
Of the greatness of his government and peace there will be no end.

🎄🎄🎄🎄🎄🎄🎄🎄🎄

Thanks for connecting with me again.

I hope you have a very happy holiday.

Betty

thequiltingb1947@gmail.com























 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

My favorite time of the year!

Camping in the Rain