....and then it snowed!

It was a good thing that my open studio was scheduled for the day it was because I just barely escaped the snow! It was a fun day and many friends stopped by to see where I love to sew. A friend who I hadn't seen in years, Joy, came and I was so happy to see her again. When I owned The Quilting B, the best thing about being there was all the new friends I made. I probably would never met many of you if it hadn't been for those years! Thanks! Here are a few of the pictures from that day.


Ellen came with her project and it is beautiful!


My neighbor, Monica is helping me have a great time!


Along with the stitching, it is a time to make more friends and to know each other a little better.


Our dog, Oscar, loves to be with people.


Jean and Julie are keeping on task!


And then it snowed!!!!




Yard art!





But the dogs are happy inside. When Oscar walked outside when it was icy, he would walk along the top and then....oops..he fell thru and disappeared! 




My "Live Simply" is finished and Loren made the frame. We will be working on some of the small pieces that attach and you are welcome to come to class on Sunday March 16 from noon to 4.


Henny Penny in progress.





~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


The Spargonians at work. In case you don't know the word, it is Oregonians who love to work on Sue Spargo designs. We meet once a month at Pioneer Quilts on the 4th Sat. of each month and work on cool stuff. Sometimes someone brings other things for show and tell and it is so fun to see what everyone is working on.



Baby Quilts in progress!!

Denise is working on Sue's newest Block of the Month.



Quite a few of us are working on:

IMPERIAL BLOOMS BOOK





****************************************************************

Last week on Friday I got to go to the Mennonite Quilt show and demonstrate hand piecing and applique with Nancy Freisen. I enjoy that show and always love the great soup that they serve for lunch.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Tomorrow, Wednesday the 26th, I have a two part class on hand piecing. We will be doing tumbler blocks. You are welcome to come. It is at Pioneer Quilts.    503.654.1555

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Thursday of this week at my studio we will be working on...  It is a pattern from Bareroots with embroidery and then inside are pockets.



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

First Friday for March is on the 7th at my studio. You can bring anything you want to work on. I serve you lunch and we stitch from 10-2   Classes at my studio are $10.00

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`

On Wednesday March 12 at Pioneer quilts I will teach an all day class on a civil war sewing roll up designed by Maggie Bonanomi.



#################################################

Monday March 10 is our monthly meeting at Pioneer Quilts called Girl Gang! Some of us are working on Jan Pateks Bible Quilt. You are welcome to join us in making your choice of Folk Art quilts. It is from 10:30-1.


%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

That's about it for the latest news. I'm glad the snow has gone although it was fun while it lasted. I love those days that are meant to be spend inside creating. Hope you enjoyed them also.

My daughter in The Netherlands, Jennifer is having a GIRL!! Pretty exciting in my world.

Thanks for reading my blog. I appreciate it very much.


Wisdom Words:  Attitudes are contagious.  Are yours worth catching?  ~Dennis and Wendy Mannering


There are exactly as many special occasions in life as we choose to celebrate.  ~Robert Brault

Comments

  1. Betty, your studio is to DIE for! LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the suitcases. One of these days I'll come visit. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Betty, it was so much fun to visit you in your studio...it is a wonderful space full of creativity, energy and happy women. Thank you for sharing...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

My favorite time of the year!

Camping in the Rain

Coming out of hibernation