Nora is here

Welcome to Fall! My favorite time of the year. The only thing that makes my days better is having Hugo, Jennifer and Nora here. They arrived and we have been blessed by lots of baby smiles. Nothing can warm a grandparents heart like those sweet smiles when you know she is recognizing you.


We had a family barbecue on Sunday and here is Grandpa holding Nora. We had a gathering of the cousins. It was really nice seeing everyone again.


My girls Ginny, Carrie and Jennifer and their two cousins Tammy and Alicia and the cousins kids.

Sylvia has moved into the dorm at PSU and Nora was taking a nap.

Nice memory making day.
####################################################

BE SURE TO READ TO THE END OF THE POST.....NEWS ON THE NEW BLOCK OF THE MONTH!!!

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
The NW Quilting Expo starts this Thursday. There are always so many beautiful quilts and fun vendors.

The Quilt Show in Aurora begins October 10-19. I have dollar off coupons is you would like one.

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

This Saturday, the 27th is the beginning of the new Prairie Women Sewing Circle. If you have signed up, I have your patterns all ready for you. We have a surprise project provided by Mary Ann. Class begins at 10:00 at my Studio. If you need directions, let me know.

thequiltingb1947@gmail.com

**************************************

Right after Prairie Women, at 11:30, is our Spargonian class! I have some new threads for you to check out and I'm so looking forward to having you here at my studio. You are welcome to stay until 4:00 to work on your projects. The cost is $10.00.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++


This Sunday, the 29th is Open Sew here B's Studio!!!11-4, lunch included, $10.00.
Bring your stitching and you show and tells!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

And then it will be October. Amazing.
First Friday is October 3 and you are welcome to come at 10:00 and stay until 4:00 sewing on whatever project you choose. I will have lunch for you. Also $10.00

########################

In case you are Tom Selleck fans and have enjoyed him as Jesse Stone, a new movie is scheduled for 9:00pm  Sunday October 5th on the Hallmark Movie Channel.!!! Just saying!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My friend Dorothy and I went to the Portland Art Museum on the 12th to see the special exhibit of The Art of the Louvres Tuileries Gardens. It was wonderful. We went to Paris a few years ago and walked in the Tuileries and visited the Louvre. Seeing the exhibit made us feel a pull to go back but a sweet reminder of some really special days. I loved everything we saw in France. I left my heart in Paris!

######################

I want to thank all of you who have come to the studio and stitched with me. I feel very privileged to spend time with you, learn from you and be encouraged by you. Having you in my favorite space is a huge blessing. Thank you so very much.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The block of the month is almost ready. Leigh's quilt is finished and ready for viewing. My blocks are in progress and are ready to be packaged up. Here is picture of another of the blocks.


During the Open Sew class on October 12 you will have an opportunity to view the finished quilt. Please come by between 11-4 to see the quilt and maybe decide to sign up. I will have some kits available to take away that day.

The first month will include the background fabric for the first two blocks, the wool for both blocks and two balls of perle cotton for stitching. The cost for the first month is $32.00. There after you will receive two blocks with the wool and the background and the cost will be $22.00 per month. They will be ready by the second Sunday of each month. I will let you know the cost of the border soon. I think it will be fun and it is certainly good for a beginning project in wool. While you are doing the BOM, you are welcome to come to the First Friday class each month at no charge to work on your blocks.

Any Questions? thequltingb1947@gmail.com or call me 503.680.7436


I think that's it for now!

Wisdom Words:

"Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another, 
What! You too? I thought I was the only one." C.S. Lewis 

"True friendship comes when 
the silence between two people is comfortable." David Tyson Gentry 













Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My favorite time of the year!

Camping in the Rain

Coming out of hibernation