Sum Sum Summertime!!

I know it is summer, but REALLY! I thought I lived in Oregon for the warm days and cool nights. Not the Hot days and the Hot nights. I am really looking forward to a cool down tomorrow. 

One good thing about the weather is that it is nicer to be inside stitching than doing anything outside. I am grateful for my AC in the studio and the lack of obligations so that I can stay in there and sew.
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

What are your favorite blogs? I like to read a blog and then see who they like and go there and eventually I forget where I started. Here are a few that I like and maybe you will send me some that you like.


 
This blog has some really pretty pictures. Nice pictures of yards with beautiful flowers.

http://thepaintedquilt.blogspot.com/

Cute tutorial on making a wool sunflower.

http://sentimentalquilter.blogspot.com/

Nice small quilts, great for doll size quilts.

http://www.needlenthread.com/2009/10/hand-embroidery-lettering-and-text-4.html

Nice instructions on doing the stem stitch and other videos for stitching.

******************************************

http://rebekahlsmith.blogspot.com/

This lady has a new book just out:
My Book

and she has a project in:

Pattern

She does beautiful wool work in a different style than we usually see. I would invite you to check her out.
She has a really nice blog and does beautiful work.

I will be having an all day workshop on her style in the fall. I hope you will join me in making some of her designs.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Another lady that I mentioned after my trip is Janet Bolton. Karen and I were privileged to visit her in her home and she has several books out and has a new one coming out any minute. I am anxiously waiting for it.

Image result for janet bolton

She does charming picture blocks and considers herself more of a picture maker than a quilter. I hope to have a workshop day in the fall with her designs also. Here are a few pictures of her work.

Image result for janet bolton

Image result for janet bolton

Image result for janet bolton

This is one of her books. You can often find them on Ebay.

Image result for janet bolton

#####################################

Sometimes it is fun to break out of our boxes and try something completely different. I think these ladies add a lot to our craft.

***********************************

Now to some class pictures from our local stitchers!





MaryAnn has been very busy.


Renee


Sharon

Flowers from Sandra


Spargonian beauties of Karla



Barbara

Marlene

I apologize if I get your name wrong or if I forget who did what....
*******************************

Getting ready for out BBQ on the fourth



We had some seriously good ribs, chicken and oysters cooked by our chef Loren. We had awesome pies and L and I made home made cranked ice cream! Really tasty.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As stitchers we often get our shoulders all cramped up and our hands overworked. I looked around for some exercises that we could do to loosen up. We get so wrapped up in the joy of quilting that we are all stiff!

http://www.quiltviews.com/ten-exercises-for-quilters

These look like pretty good ones.

http://www.sandiquilts.com/yoga.html

Give them a try. As much as sewing calms the mind, we need to stretch our tight muscles also!!


Questions??  thequiltingb1947@gmail.com    home phone 503.761.3772, cell  503 680 7436
##########################

Wisdom Words:
Today I shall behave as if this is the day I will be remembered. dr suess quotes | Dr. Seuss

Comments

  1. Love Janet Bolton! Got to take a class with her once and loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your comments, Janet. I appreciate it a lot. b

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

My favorite time of the year!

Camping in the Rain

Coming out of hibernation