Fresh new Look

Since the sun has been out more lately I thought it was time to freshen up the Blog look and get rid on the rain! It is so refreshing to go out in the evening and it's still daylight.
I'm getting anxious to plant some more flowers in the back and to pick some of my rhubarb, it is looking great.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^..

Here is the schedule for the rest of April and all of May

Tomorrow, Thursday April 20

Saturday April 22

Sunday April 23

Monday April 24

Wednesday April 26

May

Thursday May 4

Wednesday May 10

NO CLASS ON SUNDAY MAY 14 MOTHER'S DAY

Monday May 15

Thursday May 18

Monday May 22

Saturday May 27

Sunday May 28

Monday May 29 

Wednesday May 31
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Here are a few pictures from our classes.


Nancy finished this amazing bag. Lots of wool applique and a background of  Army blanket. 
Great job Nancy!!


A while ago some of us purchased kits from Cee Rafuse. Judy finished this piece. I think Cee called these hot pads but I think they are much too nice for that.

You can see Cee at:

https://www.facebook.com/cee.rafuse?hc_ref=NEWSFEED&fref=nf


Karla has become an expert in Sashiko and is making several cup place mats for a gift.


Another of Karla's. This will make two patterns with this color way and she's going to frame them.



Judy has finished her rug hooking project. She does such excellent work. I always look forward to what she is working on,


Gail is working on a Block of the Month and this block, I think, is wonderful.


I told you that Karla was a whiz at Sashiko!! Another fine example. Great job Karla!!!

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++


I learned a new word this week. Hygge

You can go here and see some information about it.


It is a Danish word used when acknowledging a feeling or moment. Whether alone or with friends, at home or out, ordinary or extraordinary as cosy, charming or special.  HyggeHouse.com

Kind of in the realm of Slow Living, Slow Food or Slow Stitching. 

I like the idea of doing things with intention and appreciating whatever I am doing. Setting a feeling in your home that pleases you. Lighting candles, dimming the lights, eating on a pretty plate and of course, stitching something that pleases you. 

With that in mind I am offering a class on Monday June 12 from 10-4. Cost is $15.00. I can offer it to 10 people so let me know if you'd like to come.

The class is called Slow Stitching and will include ideas to make a Stitch Journal. I have some fabric for you to use as a background or you certainly can bring your own. We will be doing some embroidery....very simple stitches. Bring a hoop and your sweet scissors. There are so many ways to journal, we will explore a few and see how journaling with stitches can be fun and relaxing.

Here is a Facebook page that is about slow stitching

https://www.facebook.com/TheSlowStitchingMovement/

http://www.slowstitching.com/about-us.html

a really nice place

http://www.quiltmaker.com/blogs/quiltypleasures/2015/04/slow-down-with-the-slow-stitching-movement/

and my favorite

http://www.clairewellesleysmith.co.uk/blog/

########################

Wisdom Words
Image result for spring wisdom quotes

Image result for spring wisdom quotes


Image result for spring wisdom quotes

######################

Thanks for reading my blog. If you have any questions please write me at

thequiltingb1947@gmail.com

Have a beautiful day. Betty

.

Comments

  1. What a great post Betty. Love these wonderful projects. I have been intrigued by Sashiko for quite a few stitching years . . time to try it. Maybe Karla can lend a lesson! Beautiful work. Thank you for the book list also, in your previous post. Slow Stitch . . who doesn't need that. Happy Stitching.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

My favorite time of the year!

Camping in the Rain

Coming out of hibernation