What?? June Already!!

               


Already over half gone. I don't really love hot weather so I'd just as soon skip to October. Not necessarily the month.....just the temperature.

Here is the calendar for the next few weeks and a few things that I'm working on + a few pics from our latest trip to the beach.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Upcoming classes
This Thursday, the 21st...also Jennifer and Hugo's fifth anniversary

Saturday June 23  10-4

Sunday June 24   11-4

Monday June 25  10-4

Wednesday June 27  10-4

July 

Monday July 2

Thursday July 19

Sunday July 22  11-4

Monday July 23

Wednesday July 25

Saturday July28

Sunday July 29  11-4

################################

My current projects


My friend, Marcie, made this beautiful bag so naturally I want one too. I haven't gotten very far but I love the beauty of it.


This is the book where you can find the pattern.


My friend MaryAnn made a great "penny" rug with hexagons so, of course, I need one too.



A friend of mine, Mary, made this adorable little quilt, I need one too.


Pattern of small unfinished quilt.





 I saw something like this somewhere and I have lots of taupes, so I need one too.

Do you notice a pattern here?



Now this quilt I can  blame on lots of friends.



Pattern that you need so you, too, can participate!

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&


OK, remember the penny trees from a few months ago? We wanted to make Halloween trees?

  In Sept. we can do this. Make a penny tree or as I am doing...a yoyo tree. You can  blame MaryAnn for this idea. I love it.  Mine is in progress. Date coming soon.


Another class in Sept. will be the making of these beautiful Sashiko placemats.



They are made with linen in two colors. They are reversible. They are an extension of our previous Sashiko classes. Quite fun and quick to make. Class date coming soon.
Sound interesting?

**********************************

We went camping at Ft. Stevens with Ginny and Darren. It started out crazy wet. I mean gobs of rain. Our site was flooded and only due to Loren's masterful parking, were we able to step out of the motor home.


Next morning the sun is out and it's great.


On the way to Astoria we found this tree. I love it.

In Astoria in someone's yard


I love seeing the colors of moss growing on cement

Lots of Huge Queen Anne's Lace

After Ginny and Darren went home we moved down to Nehalem Bay Campground. It was a nice week. We went through Tillamook on our way home for ice cream and their new gorgeous center is open this week, I think. It is really classy.
We are back home for a while. We are going back to Nehalem Bay in July with Ginny and Darren.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~



Image result for june pictures wisdom


Thanks for taking the time to look at my blog. If you have class ideas or questions please write me

thequiltingb1947@gmail.com




















Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My favorite time of the year!

Camping in the Rain

Coming out of hibernation