the day after my birthday

Yesterday was my birthday. I like to get it out of the way at the beginning of the year and be done with it. Carrie and Sylvia took me to the Japanese Garden and we had lunch there. The day was overcast but not cold and the color of the day was perfect for pictures and enjoying. 


Close to the entrance


There are many waterfalls to listen to.




Delicious lunch with cute girls.



Interesting pathways  


Spring is slowly coming


Love these trees

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My SLOW stitching for January


Something I finished


Another something I finished

**************************************

Class schedule for February

February 9 10-3
15.00

what can you do with a running stitch?
Part of the Slow Stitch Practice

In this session we will explore all kinds of ways we utilize the common but fantastic running stitch. We  use it in Sashiko and Boro and quilting OR??? come and find out what else we can do with it. When you sign up, I'll send you a supply list.

Lunch included, of course.


Sundays in February  11-4
10 and 24

Mondays
4 and 11

Wednesdays
20

Saturdays
16

#############################


some fun pictures


Sharon



some of us feel compelled to make lots of baskets


Cindy


MaryAnn


Susan


MaryAnn

++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Mary Oliver

sept 10, 1935- jan 17,2019

described as far and away this country's best-selling poet

From New and Selected Poems Vol two

Hello, sun in my face.
Hello, you who make the morning
and spread it over the fields 
and into the faces of the tulips
and the nodding morning glories,
and into the windows of, even, the
miserable and the crotchety--

best preacher that ever was,
dear star, that just happens  
to be where you are in the universe
to keep us from ever-darkness,
to ease us with warm touching,
to hold us in the great hands of light--
good morning, good morning, good morning.

Watch, now, how I start the day
in happiness, in kindness.

____________________________________

A couple of instagram recommendations

https://www.instagram.com/hakujitu_

https://www.instagram.com/loveoflinen

##########################

and lastly... a Haiku

On a withered bough
A crow alone is perching,
Autumn evening now.
Basho

or two

Sitting silently,
Doing nothing,
Spring comes,
And the grass grows by itself.
Osho

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thanks again for reading my blog. I am grateful that you spend some of your time with me. Any questions?

thequiltingb1947@gmail.com








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My favorite time of the year!

Camping in the Rain

Coming out of hibernation