Yard treasures

I'm not sure what setting I used on my camera, but it was still daylight when I took this and I love the color of the poppies. I have never been a good photographer and I have no idea where my product guide is for this camera so it is all by chance.



When spring planting begins I always want some new architectural feature and so I ask my husband, "Do you have anything that might be about so high and so wide that would fit here?" And he usually does find something in his storage buildings! This great drinking fountain is a real score.

Next to The Quilting B there was a old old house and when it was moved this sad old gate was left behind and Loren brought it home. It sat unused for a long time and last summer he found the perfect place for it. It corrals our lavender behind it and makes a great statement. Old and rusty....like the people who live here.


I am working on a small hand pieced quilt for a class this fall. It is a Lemoyne Star pattern designed by Nancy Friesen. The class will include a sewing box that will be painted and stencled and contain necessary items for a hand pieced project. I am looking forward to sharing this with you and as soon as it is hand quilted, I will put up the picture. I know you will want to make one too. We will also hand piece a needle roll up by Maggie Bonanomi that looks like this.

Huswif Needle Roll
 It is fun to do and very practical. She designed it to be like the ones that were used during the Civil War

Wisdom thought for today..
How much better to get wisdom than gold! And to get understanding is to be chosen rather than silver. Proverbs 16 verse 16


More to come. Keep on stitching.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My favorite time of the year!

Camping in the Rain

Coming out of hibernation