New Adventure

My backyard is beginning to bloom. When the purple Iris is blooming at the same time as the orange Poppies, it is beautiful.


Purple basil! Now all I need is mozzarella cheese, tomatoes and a drizzle of
olive oil.

A word about the name that I chose for my blog: bettiespaghetti. My daughter, Ginny calls me by this special rhyming name and I like it! Also, there is a book called Men are like Waffles and Women are like Spaghetti by Bill and Pam Farrel . It tells how everything in a woman’s life touches everything else and how men compartmentalize everything! Well, that works for me and includes my quilting. My sewing has touched all parts of my life.

Beginning as a young girl sewing on mom's treadle machine in the basement, to embroidering pillowcases, to sewing my little girls' dresses, to finally owning a quilt shop, sewing has been a creative outlet and a way to teach others the craft that I love. Since I am now on a new adventure, working at Pioneer Quilts in Clackamas and teaching classes, sewing keeps on being a major part of my life. I enjoy the process and the companionship of others. Someone is always sharing an idea or a new technique and it keeps me excited about beginning a new project.

I love Sue Spargo designs and have made most of her many projects. You can take a look at her creations at www.suespargo.com . I know you will enjoy looking around. Check out her blog, pretty amazing. She has taught me many things, including how to lighten up and use colors that I had never considered before. We have decorated our home in a primitive style using old furniture and coffee dyed quilts along with older linens.
Since discovering color, I now use fuchsia, formerly unheard of in my vocabulary and fabric stash. Teal has wandered in and chartreuse has become my best friend! Seasoned quilters can learn new styles. It is a wonderful thing.

That’s it for now. Next will be some projects that I will teach this fall.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My favorite time of the year!

Camping in the Rain

Coming out of hibernation