Monday Part 2

Upcoming classes

On Thursday August 8 from 10-2 there will be a pincushion class at my studio. Here is a picture of the primitive doll pincushion.

Well, actually I can't show you! If you would like to see her, email me and I'll send you a picture. I am not being coy! I just can't get it to show up! Once again my skills are lacking. We will make a different pincushion every month. Sharon C has a great collection of pincushion patterns so we can go on for years!!

#############################################################


We have been working on


this project out of  the fall issue of Primitive Quilts and Projects. Our next class on Saturday August 31 from 10-2 we will tackle 


from the Anniversary issue Summer 2012. I'd love you to join us.  All classes at my house are $10.00 Includes a light lunch.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~



For the Prairie Women's Sewing Circle, this Sat. at 10 am, you will receive the pattern for our yoyo quilt. Here is  mine in progress.


I think an actual doll quilt with just yoyos would be very sweet. If you have any yoyo quilts or other projects, please bring them to class and share.

********************************************

I have finished the basket quilt that I taught earlier in the spring. The pattern is by Nancy Friesen. She makes great patterns and it was very satisfying to make. Now to quilt it.



&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&


Starting in September I will be having a class making Buttermilk Basin's new patterns called Live Simply. There is a background to make and then monthly smaller quilts to add on. This is my first one. The crow part attaches on with small velcro dots.


They are fun to do and are a great little monthly project. Time will be announced a little later. I think it would be fun to start January in September so that by January, we will be ready to hang them up. Please let me know what you think. 


I thank all of you who come to the classes here and at Pioneer Quilts. I feel such happiness sharing stitching with kindred spirits.

Until next time,

Betty

thequiltingb1947@gmail.com

cell 503.680.7436

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My favorite time of the year!

Camping in the Rain

Coming out of hibernation