Chilly November

A couple of Friday's ago, my friends Karen and Gloria and I went to the Quilt Show in Aurora.  This is my favorite time of the year and my favorite Quilt Show.

I love all the old quilts and most of them are hand quilted. It was a beautiful show and here are some of the things we saw.




Our destination.














I thought this little quilt was so charming that I came home and made one.



This old wool quilt makes me want to go to thrift shops and look for old suits to cut up.



The fireplace in the old house in back was blazing and there were cookies and cider. Also lots of misc. things to buy . I love the herb garden and in the wash house there were many lavender items that the herb society had made. I brought home some herbal salve for my dry feet and a small herb pillow to put inside of my bed pillow. Ahhh, sweet smelling dreams!

#########################################################


Our last Spargonian class was really special. We had lots of ladies working on beautiful projects. My pictures don't do them justice, but you get the idea.



Pin keeper in progress and Firefly Sewing Envelope






Red Clover





Imperial Blooms







Imperial Blooms



Imperial Blooms




Awesome pincushion


We had a great day. Consider yourself invited to join us on the 4th Saturday of each month from 11:30-2:30 at Pioneer Quilts. You will be amazed at the creativity in the class and you will be inspired.
@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

I have new listings on my Etsy shop. Here is the link:


Hope you might take a peek! 

Girl Gang is on the schedule for next Monday November 11. Come sew with us at Pioneer Quilts. 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Studio Classes 

Next Tuesday November 12th from 10-2 we will be making a Big Crow Pincushion. Email me for more information. I will have a light lunch for you. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

First Friday will be December 6 from 10-1. You can work on most any project. Some of us are doing wool  projects and some doing piecing projects.  

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Saturday December 7th from 10-2 will begin a series of classes using  Buttermilk Basins Live Simply series. 


This is the background and then there are smaller quilts to add to the top.


This is one of several. You can see them all at:


I would be happy to order any of the patterns that you need. Let me know

thequiltingb1947@gmail.com

#####################################################

On Tuesday December 10 we will make a pincushion snowman. 10-2 Let me know if you would like a picture.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

All the classes at my Studio are $10.00 and that includes lunch!! Gotta keep up our strength.


+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I am going to schedule a beginning quilting class soon. I would love your input on what days and times would work for you. I would like to try a Sunday afternoon from noon to 4. Would that work for anyone? We would begin with the tools of the trade and work thought measuring and then sew a small quilt. We will talk about batting, put our quilt together and bind them. I am happy to do an evening if that would work better. 

*******
These chilly days are great for staying in and stitching. I enjoy it so much. I am finishing up a few things for Christmas. Hugo and Jennifer are planning to come in December so that is great to think about.

_____________________________________

Wisdom Words...As the busy days of  November and December roll over us, take time to notice the joys of the season. There are wonderful smells that are special to this time of years as well lights and food and friends and family. Slow down and B R E A T H E. It doesn't have to all get done. Be grateful for what you can do and don't fuss over the leftovers!

Thanks so much, Betty   thequiltingb1947@gmail.com   home phone 503.761.3772, cell 503.680.7436

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My favorite time of the year!

Camping in the Rain

Coming out of hibernation