Beautiful Freezy Morning

What a beautiful morning! I know many of you will be stuck because of  ice or snow or cold, but it is pretty. The other day this is what my car window looked like:


Even when the ice crystals melted, I could still see their outlines a couple of days later. Nature is a marvelous thing.

This morning on my front porch I noticed that even though it is so cold, little shoots are coming up.


The hummingbirds have been happy to find nectar and so many birds have been feasting in our backyard.


I am so sorry that my picture of all the snowmen that we made yesterday didn't turn out. My fault. We had a good time making them, maybe if you would share pictures of your finished ones, I can include them next time. Each month we are making some primitive pin cushions. You may want to join in the fun. 


This and the next picture are the extent of my Christmas decorating! We had a new couch and two chairs delivered yesterday! That is decorating enough.



Working on class samples for Pioneer Quilts. Beginning in February, I will teach a two part hand piecing class, this in one part and this


is the other one. Nancy Friesen has kindly loaned me these for samples so you can see what other options there could be


I love this, the idea of the Lemoyne Star taken to a new height1


This is another idea for the tumbling blocks.


Debbie Busby made this for me a long time ago and it continues to be a favorite of mine. So you get the idea, lots of ways to use these blocks. I hope you will consider the class. It will be held on Wednesday's in February.



I love these dolls from Maggie Bononami. I think they will be coming to life in the new year.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

If you were interested in the blog I wrote a couple times ago about the get together this Friday morning at 10-noon at my home, here is your reminder. You can read it again or if you didn't---- the one called A Very Personal Post. If  you would like to come, please email me so I know who to expect.

thequiltingb1947@gmail.com.

It will be very informal. I will serve a light lunch. I have some ideas about what we could do to form friendships, doing a little Bible study, and maybe do a few service projects. If you want to bring along a little hand stitching, please do. I have no particular agenda, just a time of fellowship.  You are invited.


*****************************************

I wish you all a very Happy Christmas. My daughter and Hugo should be here on Sunday and that will be a great addition to our holiday fun. I feel very happy to have had my family close to me most of my life. That I have to share them with others, is not a hardship because I know they can bless others. I have the privilege of doing pretty much what I want to do and I hope that in doing that, I can be blessed to be a blessing.

Some images just set the tone for what we might dream of holidays looking like. I feel a little nostalgic for Christmases past and for people no longer here to share in the merriment. 



here's a toast to yesterday and tomorrow's memories



 May you have warmth in your igloo, oil in your lamp, and peace in your heart.
― Inuit proverb


OR

. As you slide down the banisters of life, may the splinters never point the wrong way.
― Anonymous


OR

Here’s to us that are here, to you that are there, and the rest of us everywhere.
― Rudyard Kipling


Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!!!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My favorite time of the year!

Camping in the Rain

Coming out of hibernation