Rainy Day in April

The background seems pretty appropriate for today. We have had some beautiful days and now we have our usual! No so bad, it keeps everything so green.

When Sylvia was on spring break she stayed a few days with me and we took a day trip to The Dalles. This is the town that I lived in until 7th grade when we moved to Portland. All of my family lived there and went to the same church. At Thanksgiving we would meet at the local PUD and have dinner with all of our family plus whoever wanted to join us. I particularly remember my Auntie Phyllis making sweet potatoes. They were delicious. After we ate Phyllis and my Uncle Bud played their guitars for us and as I remember, we had a great time.

Sylvia and I stopped at Multnomah Falls


It was drizzily and chilly but we took a look and then spent a few minutes in the gift shop. We were going to stop at Bonneville Dam, but it was too rainy. We went on our way and as we entered The Dalles I showed her where I went to grades 1-3.


It is only used for offices now, but I thought it was a pretty school and had a lot of fun on the playground! I had my first kiss on that playground...my cousin dared him to kiss me and then the teacher found out and said we better not do it again or we would be sent home! I was mortified!

We went on to visit Bud and Phyllis and they took us to lunch and then we had a tour around town. Many thing have changed but my memory was jogged and it was fun to remember times past. I don't know if Sylvia enjoyed it but she is always game to go with me and is so very polite....she'd never say she was bored.

This morning very early Sylvia left for Hawaii with our daughter Ginny and son in law Darren. Fun in the sun for them. 

####################################################

We have a nice big back yard and have quite a few birds visit. Loren feeds them well. I looked out the window and saw these birds and wondered what they were.


Yep, they are doves. I hadn't seen any of those before in our yard. I hope they return.

___________________________________________________

It's already almost time for the Spargonians to meet again! I love this group. It is a pleasure to sit and stitch with people who are so creative and sharing. Our next meeting at Pioneer Quilts is next Sat. April 26 from 11:30-2:30. Some of us have been working on 

IMPERIAL BLOOMS BOOK

Imperial Blooms....I have one under construction and have several blocks finished.


I have decided that I would like to part with these and provide a head start to someone else. I purchased these blocks as a Block of the Month from Sue and have all the unfinished ones as well.  The cost of the whole kit on her website now is $435.00. I would like to sell them for $200.00 which includes the patterns and wool kits. If you are interested, let me know. I very much want to finish the Bird Dance quilt and am just not able to get everything done! 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

ABOUT PRAIRIE WOMEN 

Most of you will know that we have decided to start up with the Prairie Women Sewing Circle in Sept. There will not be a meeting in April. I am hoping that this change in schedule will help everyone planning on vacations and yard work during the summer. You can still sign up anytime and that helps them know how many pattern sets to purchase. I am looking forward to Journey 3. Here is a peak at our next quilt.


+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Saturday May 3rd and Saturday May 17th at Pioneer Quilts will be a class called Firefly. I put in pictures in the last blog and then thought I'd make a new one. Here is mine in progress.




I have enjoyed the combination of browns and linen with a little splash of color. I had a request for this class and I hope that many of you will want to come and make your own. I'm not positive of the time but I believe it is in the afternoon on those two Saturdays. Call Pioneer to find our for sure. 503.654.1555

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I put in a picture of Turkey Lurkey in the last post and we now have a date for the class. It will be in my studio on Wednesday May 14th from 10-2.

TURKEY LURKEY WOOL PILLOW

He is a handsome boy and sure to be a great addition to your fall decor!

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

Girl Gang is another fun class that we do at Pioneer Quilts on each 2nd Monday of the month.

We have been working on various projects and are currently working on a Bible quilt as well as other Jan Patek designs. We have decided to add another quilt into the mix. The book looks like this


I started the first block

It is all about gardening and would look great hung outside in sunny weather! Join us if you can. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Another new class at Pioneer Quilts will begin Wednesday May 21 from1-4. It will be a hand piecing class featuring books and blocks by Jennifer Chiaverini. We will make two or three blocks per month and see where it leads. She has written many books and I know that lots of you have already read them or have wanted to. We will combine reading her books with making her blocks. Here is her webside where you can see all she has written.

You do have the option of machine stitching the blocks, but you will get instructions on how to do them by hand as well.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The rain continues to fall and I think it is time for me to go out into my lovely studio and do some sewing. I can so some handwork for a while and then zip some 9 patch blocks on the machine. I am also reading a series of books by Deborah Crombie and may take a break to read and perhaps have a little nap too! 


@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@


Easter arrives this Sunday. All of our family is out of town so we are on our own to celebrate. I would love to invite you to share the services where we go.  We go early to the 8 AM! Best way to get a good parking spot and your favorite spot to sit! Here is where you can find out about Sunday. However you spend the weekend be safe and celebrate You! You are a unique work of art, no one else will ever have your influence and place in this world. 
+++++++++++

My email address is  thequiltingb1947@gmail.com   home phone  503.761.3772 cell 503.680.7436
The classes at my studio include lunch and are usually 4 hours long and the cost is $10.00. You are invited!
I hope to have a few new things added to Etsy soon, I'll let you know.
*********************************************

Wisdom Words:

There are exactly as many special occasions in life as we choose to celebrate. ~Robert Brault, rbrault.blogspot.com

The sun shines and warms and lights us and we have no curiosity to know why this is so; but we ask the reason of all evil, of pain, and hunger, and mosquitoes and silly people. ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

Happiness is an attitude. We either make ourselves miserable, or happy and strong. The amount of work is the same. ~Francesca Reigler

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My favorite time of the year!

Camping in the Rain

Coming out of hibernation