Back from Groningen...darling new granddaughter!!

Taking a trip away from home for three weeks is wonderful in many ways. I went mainly to see my new grand baby Nora and visit with my daughter Jennifer and her husband Hugo. It is good to travel and see how other people live. I heard lots of languages that I didn't understand but we were all going about our business doing similar things. Groningen is pretty flat and you can walk anywhere. Jennifer lives about 20 minutes from downtown and we walked there several times with Nora in her buggy. She much prefers to be held than to be laid down. I can't fault her for that!


Groningen, The Netherlands

OK...here's picture number one


She will be 6 weeks old tomorrow. I was there from her 2 weeks until 5 weeks. This is a very special soft blanket that she sometimes doesn't mind laying on with her stuffed toy.


She is waving to you all. She is still very small but everyday there is more eye contact and of course, those smiles.

and this is one of my favorite


Jennifer has a blog with more pictures and if you are interested in that, you can email me your email address and I'll forward it on to her.

We took a day trip to Bourtange.


If you would like more information you can look 

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bourtange

It was a fort and is very beautiful.



There were nice shops to visit and touristy things to see. We had a very good lunch and I'm sure Nora was impressed by all we saw.


Another town we visited was called Deventer.



It is a charming place to visit with lots of shops. I found some little treasures that I couldn't resist. There is a quilt shop there with a very nice owner. We visited for a while and I bought a Sashiko project to do...which I did finish. The shop is found at   quiltwebshop.nl  It's name is 100 Rozen quiltshop...(Roses) 


Some of the streets had these umbrellas hanging up and I think it is so pretty.



Love the red door!


OK!! One more

###############################################

When I got home, it took me a couple of days to get the time straight again. I am back to normal now and so glad to have gone and glad to be home. So many fun things to do. 

The Pin cushion class met last week and here are some of what we were working on.


Pin cushion tops


Turkey Lurkey!!



The "Pins" one is from our Maggie B class. 


Sharon's is so cute, I had to make one too...this is her's.


I'm of the opinion that you can't have too many pin cushions. If you would like to join us our next time to meet is Saturday September 20  time is 10-4  Sharon is drawing us up a pattern for a crow on a pumpkin. Let me know if you would like to come.
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++


MAGGIE B

Our next Maggie Bononami class is Friday September 19 from 10-4. You can choose any Maggie B project to work on. I have all her books so you can look through them if you don't yet own them all. 

*********************************************

We are going to work on a Kindred Spirit bag in a class on Wednesday August 27. If you are interested, let me know.


&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

FIRST FRIDAY

We will start our First Friday group on September 5. We meet at 10 and you can stay til 4 if you like. You pick your project and I'm here to help. You will meet some very nice ladies and I will serve you lunch.

###############################

OK...one more



She was hard to leave!

########################################

Girl Gang will begin meeting here at my Studio on Monday September 8. Please join us as we work on the Bible Quilt or one of the other choices. I have shown pictures of what some of us are working on in previous blogs.  10-4

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

All the scheduled classes at the studio are $10.00 and include lunch.

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

A new opportunity for you to sew with a great group of ladies will begin in September. On the 2nd and 4th Sunday of each month you are invited to come from 11-4 and sew. You will receive lunch and encouragement and lots of opportunities to laugh. I find I get so much more accomplished when I set aside time with friends to stitch. Try it, you'll like it!!!!

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

SPARGONIAN ALERT!!!

Our last class at Pioneer Quilts is this Sat. at 11:30. Bring your Sue Spargo project and let's celebrate our time that we've had at Pioneer. I will bring some fun food. 

On Saturday September 27th we will have our next Spargonian class at my studio. We will begin at 11:30 and go until 4. I will order some Sea Grass thread to have available and maybe some other special types of thread also. Let me know if you have any preferences. I know we will have a great time.  We will continue this class each 4th Sat. of the month.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Bulletin!!!!!
Which brings me to our Prairie Women Sewing Circle class. The third journey will begin on Sat. September 27 at 10 A M. I will have your pattern and the first quilt in progress. I think Pam Buda has some really fun quilts for us in this journey and we have much to learn about the women and their lives. I am really looking forward to this class. 

If you have any questions about any of these classes please ask....email   thequiltingb1947@gmail.com

phone at home is 503.761.3772 and cell number is 503.680.7436

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
************************************
And now for a hint of something coming soon. I am going to offer a Block of the Month. For those of you who love taupe and daiwabo fabric combined with wool will love this quilt. The blocks are 9" finished and there are 25 of them. There is a beautiful border to complete the quilt. Look for the first installment of blocks coming really soon. I think it is spectacular! Pictures coming soon.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I read 4 books while I was gone. I read Silkworm by Robert Galbraith (J. K. Rowling) and Water Like a Stone by Deborah Crombie (Inspector Kincaid) a really good series. A book called Holes, really good and a really light book called We'll always Have Paris about a mother and daughter who took several trips to Europe. I'm now waiting for the latest book by Louise Penny to come out next week. What are you reading? Have you been to any fun cafe's lately? I'm going to Native Foods Cafe in Clackamas on Friday. I've heard good things about it.

I think that's about it for now. I hope you love this cooler day. I sure do. Fall is coming and that's my favorite time of the year.


Wisdom Words:

"People seldom notice old clothes if you wear a big smile." Lee Mildon 

"You can learn many things from children. How much patience you have, for instance." Franklin P. Jones 

Comments

  1. Looks like a wonderful trip and granddaughter! Congrats!
    Love the pictures of the towns you visited!

    Your books sound good too - esp the one about Paris.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun you get to spend so much time with your new granddaughter,. She is precious!
    Netherlands looks beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

My favorite time of the year!

Camping in the Rain

Coming out of hibernation