Seventh Day of Autumn


I heard that today is National Coffee Day! 


The Best Coffee Freebies You Can Get Tomorrow for National Coffee Day

Image for the news result


#############################

And now for our Autumn Anthem

On the Seventh day of Autumn My true love gave to me…

Seven Crunchy Leaves

Six Pumpkin donuts

Five G O L D E N Gourds

Four Halloween Oreos

Three caramel apples

Two Candy corn    AND


An Acorn from an old oak tree

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~



Hood River Valley Harvest Fest

October 16-18, 2015
Hood River Event Site



http://hoodriver.org/events-festivals/chamber-events/harvest-festival

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Lots of fun things to do.


http://www.events12.com/portland/october/

Enjoy the best Portland events, festivals, and things to 

do with this calendar of events.

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

"For man, autumn is a time of harvest, of gathering together.  
For nature, it is a time of sowing, of scattering abroad."-   Edwin Way Teale

"Delicious autumn!  My very soul is wedded to it, and if I were a bird I would fly about the earth
seeking the successive autumns." 
-   George Eliot

"A few days ago I walked along the edge of the lake and was treated to the crunch and rustle of leaves with each step I made.  The acoustics of this season are different and all sounds, no matter how hushed, are as crisp as autumn air."-   Eric Sloane

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Got this in my email last night.


Posted: 28 Sep 2015 08:03 AM PDT
a simple four patch in cheddar and black......

And she generously provided the pattern


cheddar and black four patch....
cut ~ 1&1/4" squares.....

for larger four patch....
cut ~ 2" squares from light.....sew together with cheddar and black four patches....

alternate squares cut ~ 3&1/2" squares


~ cut 3&7/8" squares, cut once diagonally for setting triangles and corners....

side borders are cut ~ 2&1/2" wide.....
top and bottom borders are cut ~ 3&1/2" wide.....

I hand drew a pumpkin in one of the alternate squares, filling in in with cross stitches for fun.....

enjoy ~ cheri

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Blackbird Designs Blog with cute project pictures.

http://blackbird-designs.blogspot.com/2010/04/back-from-stitchville-usa.html

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

I got this recipe from a friend and it is GOOD!!

BLT Chopped Salad with Corn, Feta + Avocado

YIELD: SERVES 2

TOTAL TIME: 25 MINUTES

ingredients:

2 cups butter lettuce, chopped
2 cups fresh arugula, chopped
1 pint grape tomatos, quartered
4 slices thick-cut bacon, fried and crumbled
1 cup sweet corn
1 avocado, chopped
4 ounces feta, crumbled
1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
1 lime, juiced
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper

directions:

As a note, to chop my lettuce I like to lay it out on a big cutting board and just continuously run my knife through it (in all different directions) until it's chopped as much as I like.
In a large bowl, combine lettuce, arugula, tomatoes, corn and avocado. Add in salt, pepper, olive oil and lime juice then toss well to coat. Fold in bacon and feta then divide evenly amount 2 plates. Serve!

***************************
Enjoy another wonderful day and I'll see you tomorrow.   Betty

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My favorite time of the year!

Camping in the Rain

Coming out of hibernation