On the Eight Day

Time to say goodbye to September on our Eighth day of Autumn. I think September was a beautiful month. I hope October is comparable!

And now for the next exciting verse.

 On the eight day of Autumn My true love gave to me…

Eight Salted Caramels
Seven Crunchy Leaves
Six Pumpkin donuts
Five G O L D E N Gourds
Four Halloween Oreos
Three caramel apples
Two Candy corn  AND
An Acorn from an old oak tree

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Here is information on an upcoming class focusing on the work of Rebekah L Smith.

http://www.rebekahlsmith.com/

for a look at her style. If you have her book you know what great projects she has provided.

On Monday October 19 from 10-4 we will spend the day creating our own versions of her patterns.

I will have wool available to you and the floss that she uses. The cost is $20.00 and includes lunch. I need to you sign up so I know what supplies to have ready.

NEW WOOL APPLIQUE Project Book: Inspired by by PrimFolkArtShop:

Her Work:

Some of the designs in her book.

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

I'm happy to tell you that I have received a shipment of Blackberry Primitives wool. Here are a few pictures.






They are beautiful. I know some of you wanted to know when they arrived. They will be available today if you let me know when you can come. They will also be available in class Thursday and Friday.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I've also dyed some fabric and cheese cloth in pumpkin colors. This picture shows a much lighter color than they really are.



I have some Robyn Pandolf fabric and Fat Quarters from my days at The Quilting B that I am ready to share.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++




This darling fall bucket list is perfect for checking off all the fun fall activities there are to do, and it makes super cute fall decor too!:



Fall Bucket List Template:

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

Portland MAiZE (Corn Maze)

Location - 
16511 N.W. Gillihan RoadPortlandOR 97231
Neighborhood - Near the City
Categories - AttractionsFamily Fun
Get lost in the MAiZE!  Located at The Pumpkin Patch on Sauvie Island, these 5 acres of twists, turns and dead ends are sure to challenge children and adults alike! Visit the website and check out these fun things to do while at 
the farm
Pumpkin Patch Maze1
++++++++++++++++++
Tour a local brewery and have fun sampling all the heavy fall and winter brews.
Harvest your garden or hit the farmer’s market and buy ingredients to make your own salsa based on your personal tastes — corn salsa? Super spicy salsa? Salsa verde? Make a big enough batch that you can can or freeze enough to eat all winter.
leigh wolf
Make a nice dinner at home. Serve pumpkin and bacon pasta.
http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/2708/bacon-and-pumpkin-pasta
  • 3 tbsp olive oil
  • 140g pancetta or bacon, cut into cubes
  • 1 small onion, thinly sliced
  • 25g butter
  • 500g/1lb 2oz pumpkin or butternut squash, peeled, deseeded and diced
  • 20g pack fresh sage, finely shredded
  • 400g pasta (we used penne)
  • 25g freshly grated parmesan
  • Heat a heavy-based saucepan, add 1 tbsp olive oil and pancetta or bacon, then cook for a few mins. 
  • Add remaining oil and the onion. Cook for 5 mins, until the onion softens and the pancetta is crispyStir in the butter, then tip in the pumpkin or squash and sage. Mix well to combine, then season. Cover and cook for 6-8 mins, stirring occasionally until the pumpkin is soft, but not falling apart
  • Meanwhile, cook the pasta according to pack instructions. Drain and add to the pumpkin mixture. Stir in the parmesan and season. Serve in pasta bowls sprinkled with extra parmesan.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thank you for looking in again. I hope to see you soon. Betty

thequiltingb1047@gmail.com      503.680.7436

Comments

  1. Betty, I wish I could come to the Rebekah Smith get together on the 19th, but I have an appointment that I must keep. The wool from Blackberry Primitives also looks great. I know you will have fun - I love your posts!! Thanks.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

My favorite time of the year!

Camping in the Rain

Coming out of hibernation