February Morning

Tuesday, February 7, 2017
"The ability to simplify means to eliminate the unnecessary so that the necessary may speak." 
Hans Hofmann 

i wish I would live more by these words! I have a lot of unnecessary stuff....but my stitching things should not be included!

 ++++++++++++++++++++++++

We had a great time in our Sashiko class in January. 






My friend MaryAnn, organized a birthday lunch for me and my friends brought all kinds of Japanese style dishes for lunch....it also celebrated my High Number birthday!! Nancy made a most decadent chocolate cake. It was a huge fun day for me and we worked on some lovely Sashiko stitches.

**************************

After working on some Sashiko projects I am now finding that Boro Collages are another way to use the Sashiko craft.


Boro (Japanese: ぼろ) are a class of Japanese textiles that have been mended or patched together.[1] The term is derived from Japanese boroboro, meaning something tattered or repaired.

Definition of collage

  1. 1a :  an artistic composition made of various materials (as paper, cloth, or wood) glued on a surface <cut pictures from magazines to make a collage>b :  a creative work that resembles such a composition in incorporating various materials or elements <the album is a collageof several musical styles>

This is one I made and one I'm working on


It is fun to take bits of fabric and arrange them in a pleasing way and then stitch them down to a background.

I will host a class on Boro Collage on Monday March 13. It will be from 10-4 and I will make you lunch. I will provide needles and thread and lots of fabric. If you have a color way or fabrics that you'd like to include, bring them. It can be interesting to add charms or keys or buttons or whatever. 

The class will be $15.00. Please email  thequiltingb1947@gmail.com or call 503.680.7436 to sign up. Limited amount of space. Thanks.
*************************************

Here is a list of the classes for the rest of Feb.

Tomorrow Feb 8   10-4 Open Sew

Sunday Feb 12  11-4  Open Sew

Monday Feb 13  10-4 Open Sew

Thur Feb 16  10-4 Open Sew

Monday  Feb 20  10-4  Open Sew

Wed  Feb 22  Open Sew  10-4

Saturday  Feb 25  10-4 Open Sew/ Spargonians

Sunday Feb 26  11-4  Open Sew

All classes are $10.00 and include lunch.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Classes for the first couple weeks of March include

Thursday  March 2  10-4  Open Sew

Wed. March 8  10-4  Open Sew

Sunday March 12  11-4  Open Sew

Monday March 13  10-4   BORO COLLAGE

Thursday March 16  10-4 Open Sew

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
My family conspired to bring my kids from The Netherlands to surprise me for my birthday. Best surprise ever!!!! They stayed for two weeks and I was blessed to spend a lot of time with Nora. It was so fun. She is the sweetest little girl and I loved every minute. Thank you to all my family for doing this for me. 

Jennifer and Nora


Hugo and Nora

*********************

Wisdom Thoughts 
Image result for wisdom thoughts


Image result for wisdom thoughts

Image result for wisdom thoughts

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My favorite time of the year!

Camping in the Rain

Coming out of hibernation