After the quilt show and the 4th

Things have slowed down a little and now for a little reflection. I love to be busy and I had a great time planning and sewing for the Sandy Quilt Show. Just after that we had our annual BBQ on the 4th. Some of our family and some neighbors and some friends from church came and we enjoyed the great food that everyone brought. My husband, Loren, is our BBQ chef and he did his awesome oysters along with chicken and Goose sausages!

Here are a few pictures of the quilts from the quilt show.

Hobo Quilt




A Cheri Saffiote design





A couple more pictures of my quilts in my area that Loren built for me!



He built my quilt rack for all my little ones. They are now in my dining room.



On the 4th we like to set up a festive area for our guests. After we eat and visit we often play a rousing game of Mexican Train. If you haven't had the pleasure of playing this, you really should try it!

Our chef.

We don't have many traditions but this is an especially fun one. A lot of the same people come every year so that is a nice continuity. It surprises me that we never have duplicates in the food even tho' we don't plan. The weather has almost always been great. We took the fence down between our house and our neighbors because our dogs like to visit each other....now it looks like we both have a really large backyard. Good neighbors are a blessing.

We are enjoying a nice relaxing weekend and are loving the beautiful days. Tomorrow we get to take Loren's two sisters to our awesome church with us and that will be another memory in the making.


Wisdom Thought:
The Lord is on my side; I will not fear. What can man do to me? It is better to trust in the Lord than to put confidence in man. Psalm 118v6,8

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My favorite time of the year!

Camping in the Rain

Coming out of hibernation