Class pictures and new projects



I have so much to share today. We had our first class last Saturday and made snowmen! We had a great group of women sewing and visiting and snacking. Here are some snowmen in progress.



Studio is finally ready for use....a few more things to be done before it is finished, but a great space.



Carol at work.


Dorothy chose a waffle weave for her man and it looked very cool.



Linda is getting her scarf just perfect.


Teri came a long way to be with us and we are glad she did.


Judy is hard at work with her needle.


Susan is just about finished!


Carol is planning her strategy!!




Here are mine. You can't tell, but one is a clean cream man and the other one is over dyed muslin to make a kind of  weathered one!


We had a great time and have scheduled our next meeting. Saturday March 16 from 11-3 we will gather and make some more snowmen like these:



This pattern is in the Primitive Quilt issue Summer 2011 page 28. Let me know if you'd like to come.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Today I spent the day at home getting some samples ready for upcoming classes. We have a group called Girl Gang that meets at Pioneer Quilts on the 2nd Monday of each month. Next Monday is our day. We have started a couple of projects and this is a sample of the first two blocks.



Some of the flowers lap over onto a block that will be next to it. It will then be appliqued to finish it. There are lots of blocks to go and if you are interested in knowing more about the class or what this pattern is, let me know.

I am teaching a class called Firefly Sewing Envelope. The class will be at Pioneer Quilts on Wed. Feb.20 & 27th from 10:30-2:30. I have a finished sample at the shop but decided to make another one. Sue Spargo has new fabric just out and I wanted to use some of that and so here is the beginning on the inside and the front and center of the outside.




I love the bright green with the brilliant blue and lots of polka dots. I hope you can join us for this really cool project. It will have two zipper pockets and other pockets that you can put pens and rulers in also.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++=

I have talked about the Prairie Women's Sewing Group before and we had our first time together. The second quilt that we will get patterns for at the next class (Sat. Feb. 23) is this Log Cabin.



Each time we meet we also make yoyos and here are a few of mine.



We have to make 60+ of them, so that is my evenings entertainment.

in previous posts I have talked about other classes that are coming up.

I will let you know about the others that will be at my home. 

If you have any questions, please email me   thequiltingb1947@gmail.com  or phone me, cell number

503.680.7436

Nice chatting!

Wisdom Words:
Through love serve one another. Galatians 5 v 13












Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My favorite time of the year!

Camping in the Rain

Coming out of hibernation