Thoughts on a blustery Thursday

I am writing this blog on Wednesday morning and there are trees down and water everywhere and I hope you are all doing OK. We are fortunate to have not lost power or had any water problems thus far. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I learned about something new this week and want to share that today. Have you heard of Nanny Pins? Last week I posted about a blog hosted by Cee Rafuse and she has a Facebook page called
https://www.facebook.com/cee.rafuse/posts/10208188050764768?from_close_friend=1

She talks about a site called
http://scatteredseedsamplers.blogspot.com/2015/12/the-early-workbasket-nanny-pin.html

Scattered Seed Samplers

Nanny pins were brooches worn by the Nanny of the house,
which contained emergency sewing sets for repairs if
the children tore a garment while playing. 



She has some beautiful pictures and lots of information. I think these are really cool.

Image result for nanny pins

One end unscrews to reveal a cylinder with thread wrapped 
around a needle case which holds a needle and pin.
Image result for nanny pins



Image result for nanny pins

I know you have seen versions of this available now as magnets to hold your pins and needles as you sew.

Image result for nanny pins

I think these are fascinating.

Here is a Pinterest page with some that are available.

https://www.pinterest.com/gorfram/nanny-brooches/

If you have any of these or know more about them, I'd love to hear from you. What about books that mention them?

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Just a short blog today. Getting ready for my Dutch family to arrive next week.

The classes for the rest of 2015 are:

Friday 10-4

Sunday 11-4

Monday 10-4 

In the new year we will have our regular classes and some new ones like Hand Piecing, Early styles of Penny Rugs and I'm hoping for a guest teacher or two.

I hope your holiday preparations are going well.


Image result for winter wisdom quotes

Image result for winter wisdom quotes

Thanks, Betty
thequiltingb1947@gmail.com

https://www.etsy.com/shop/thequiltingb1947


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My favorite time of the year!

Camping in the Rain

Coming out of hibernation