I'm So not enjoying this weather



We just returned from about a week at Nehalem Bay campground, it was a wonderfully peaceful time. Loren's sister came with us and then Ginny and Darren joined us for a nice mini reunion!

Very close to the campground there is a place called Cart m. It's kind of a recycle place (also called The Refindery)  that has cool stuff. Susan Pulford told me about this place and we visited it again. This is some of what they do...Upcycling....go visit if you can.

1

We made a trip to Manzanita. Fun little town to shop in.


Nice bench to rest on. There were wind surfers having a wonderful ride. It was very windy,

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A couple of class pics


Diana scaled down this pattern and made it her own! I love it. 


Denise added beads around the circles and now I need to add them to mine!


So darn inviting


Pennies anyone???

**********************************

New Classes


Martingale - Yoko Saito's Japanese Taupe Color Theory

On Saturday August 4 from 10-2 we will put together a color wheel of our own. Yoko takes you through her process of choosing colors for the projects in her book.

She has a wonderful sense of color and shows us how she works. Bring your stash of taupes and a glue stick and construct a color wheel to help you begin a project. It's a good skill building exercise. If you are willing to share, cut some of your fabric into 6" squares and do some trading to expand your collection.

Please email me to register as spots are limited. $10.00 will cover hand outs, materials and snacks. 

Questions? thequiltingb1947@gmail.com

_________________________________________________

Petit fours



There is a fun kind of art/quilt around these days called "inchies".  I prefer Petit Fours because they are petite and remind me of delicious little candy bites. Each little square is a unit all it's own and in groups make a pleasant statement.

Friday August 17 from 10-3 come and play with fabric, buttons, lace and ephemera. I will supply threads to choose from and assorted fabrics.

If you would like more pictures of what I have been working on, email me.

To register, email me    thequiltingb1947@gmail.com

$10.00

______________________________________

August calendar

Sunday classes   11-4

August 12 and 26

all others  10-4

Mondays

August 6, 13 and 27

Wednesday

August 22

Friday

August 17...Petit Fours

Saturday

August 4   Theory class

August 25

********************************* 

Image result for summer quotes inspirational

Image result for summer quotes inspirational

Image result for summer quotes inspirational

+++++++++++++++++++++

Once again I thank you for reading my blog. I am hoping it is a small source of  enjoyment. It is for me when I write it. I do find that sometimes I write like I text. In very short sentences! I often lose my writing skills in my effort to be quick and precise. If you have any feedback I'd be happy to hear from you.

thequiltingb1947@gmail.com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My favorite time of the year!

Camping in the Rain

Coming out of hibernation