The End of a Decade!!!



                                   With just a few more days left in this year and this decade, do you have special moments that come to mind. Good ones, bad ones, sad, happy? I have some of each . I've made some new friends and lost some dear friends. Usually that is the hard part about holidays, remembering those who are no longer here to share. At Ginny's she lights a candle for each of those in our family that have passed away and sometimes there are more than one for the year.


*******************************************

On a happier note I found 

Craft in America

7:00 PM Sunday Dec.28

on PBS 

I think it's been on before but I'm going to check it out

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Fun Facts about January

It is the second month of winter. In the southern hemisphere
January is a summer month the equivalent of July.
Sometimes the Saxons called January the wolf month because hungry wolves would come
into their towns searching for fool this time of year.

January is named after the Roman god Janus, who was always shown  as having two heads!
He looked back to the last year and forward to the new one.

Birthstone....Garnet
Flower......Carnation

January is
Baking Month
Blood Doner Month
National Hobby Month
Slow Cooking  Month

+++++++++++++++++++++++

Class Days for January

Sundays  11-4  Jan 12 and 26

Mondays  10-4  Jan 13 and 27

Wednesday    Jan 22

Saturday    Jan 18

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A Few Pictures from our classes



First two are from Barb. She does wonderful work




The next three above are the gorgeous work of 
Marci



The next two are mine. The second is now bound and
I'm almost finished quilting it.



The clever snowman is made by Nancy
Our special baker!!!



This is such a cutie..thanks Marlene

And the rest are done by Susan P.

who finishes an amazing amount of

wonderful stitched treasures.





With some special help from my grand daughter, Sylvia, I am now able to add my pictures to the blog. I would be lost without her. My IT girl. Thanks Sweetie.

*****************************

Ending with a little Winter Wisdom

Winter is not a season, it's a celebration.

To appreciate the beauty of a snowflake it is necessary 
to stand out in the cold.  Aristotle

What good is the warmth of summer, without the cold
of winter to give it sweetness. John Steinbeck

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thanks for taking the time to read my blog. I always appreciate it. I'd love to hear from you. Thanks for the friendship and fun times that I've had with many of you. Betty

A New Year's toast

We will open the book. It's pages are blank. We are going to put words on them ourselves. The book is called
"Opportunity" and it's first chapter is New Year's Day.
Edith Lovejoy Pierce





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My favorite time of the year!

Camping in the Rain

Coming out of hibernation