Slow Stitching through January

So far, so good. Stitched yesterday and today. Here is an update to my progress.




On this piece I have pinned on what I think will be my choices. I've started stitching the sections down with different thicknesses of thread in a variety of shades of cream to brown


I did a little work on this one as well. Filling up with lines of gray. In the mail today I received some more gray thread that I ordered so tomorrow I'll try some of that. 


Bev is binding her Cheri's Land Of Liberty Quilt. She finished it earlier in 2019 and is putting the finishing touches on it. I've seen it and it is spectacular!!!


Leigh is enjoying the meditative side of this slow stitch project.
Can't wait to see more as she progresses. I like the swirly circles a lot!


Teri from Washington is finishing a knitted shawl and is working on a Christmas needlepoint. She's saving up for a special trip so finishing is on the agenda for this year.

Please share your thoughts and pictures so I can add what you are doing. I'd be so happy to see your progress.
thequiltingb1947@gmail.com

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

NotForgottenFarm is another great site to look at for inspiration and she is on Etsy also.
notforgottenfarm.blogspot.com
*****************************

Making A Life is a beautiful book. My daughter received it for Christmas and brought it over so I could look at it. I think I need it. It's written by Melanie Falick. It has comments and pictures of many different artists and how they go about their craft.

The Sommerset publications are also great for inspiration. I find them at Barnes And Noble.

++++++++++++++


Art, undeniably, is conductive to happiness.

Art and love are the same thing: it's the process of seeing yourself in things that are not you.

Keep on stitching...until next time, Betty



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My favorite time of the year!

Camping in the Rain

Coming out of hibernation